Thursday, July 12, 2012

One is a Lonely Number

So I read an article about a woman  in Jackson Michigan who kept the dead body of her boyfriend in her house for 18 months.........now at first I thought gross what would possibly possess someone to do such a thing. But as I read the article and the following quote from the woman it all became sadly clear to me. 


“It’s not that I’m heartless. ... I didn’t want to be alone. He was the only guy who was ever nice to me,”


Suddenly the fact that she had a dead body in her house for a year and a half wasn't as sad 

as the reason she felt the need to do so.

I don't know which is sadder, her overwhelming feeling of loneliness or the fact that he was 

the only guy who was ever nice to her. I get the loneliness .... it's one of the worst feelings in 

the world. The emptiness you feel when there is no one there for you to turn to.The absolute 

worst is when you feel lonely even in a crowed room, or surrounded by people who love you, 

or so they say. I think that's the saddest part, when you feel alone because you feel no one 

gets you....how you feel, what you think, who you are. Maybe he was the only one who truly 

understood her......made her feel safe,  kept her company...accepted her 

unconditionally.....who would want that to end? Even in death his presence fulfilled her 

needs, in her mind  that  wasn't such a bad thing...........I think she just wanted that 

unconditional companionship, friendship, and need to feel safe. Sadly on a personal level, I 

can't fault her for that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. The story is much more sad than it is creepy. She must have been heart broken when he died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. we come to the world alone and we leave alone too.

    ReplyDelete