Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This whole thing is getting really old

It's that time of the year again....when every teacher in this god forsaken state with less than 20 years experience worry about their job. This year is probably going to be the worst with major layoffs of every department from secretaries to all the way up to principals. This year it's millions that we are coming up short, why? Because so many people are moving out of this ghetto of a state and taking their kids in tow.

I'm so sick of these politicians tell us teachers we need to work harder for less money, raise the expectations of the students but then not fund the schools. For god's sake my world history book I use with my students was printed in 1990!

This pisses me off to no end, it sucks enough that I might lose my job but to lose it in a state where EVERY district is laying off teachers sucks even more. No job openings and a ton of teachers unemployed yeah that's just great. O'bama, and every politician in this country needs to get their heads out of their asses and start funding instead of cutting the education budget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment