Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I need Combat Pay

Today was a stellar day.....not in a good way. I have one particular hour of the day that is literally a powder keg waiting to explode. Needless to say the implosion was inevitable. In all my years of teaching I've never seen a beat down like the one that happened today. And the scary thing in hindsight is that I tried to break it up, yeah I have no idea why I think my telling them to stop will ever actually accomplish anything. Once the adrenalin starts pumping these kids get tunnel vision and just go into a blind rage.

Needless to say some blood was spilt today, and a kid was sent to the hospital in an ambulance, and I have to just pick myself up brush myself off and carry on......and so I teach.

9 comments:

  1. And now you need another "reactions" category that reads, "Met Hot EMS Guy". Either that or, "Retiring To Florida". Your call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!found ur blog thru blogcatalog..are you ok with exchanging of links? ping me if you and when ur done adding my blogs so i can add yours too..keep rockin'!


    I am...but GAGAY.
    Pinoy Medical Doctor
    The Latest Buzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat breaking up fights, LIKE A BOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Doug I learned a longgggggggg time ago not to even attempt to break up boys when they are fighting, they go into this blind rage and it's best to go get the nearest man, or let'em just duke it out till one surrenders

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, kids these days, dunno what fuels the rage these kids have, is it lack of guidance at home or they're just savage...sad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should've just screamed "fire" or "rape"...it would definitely get their attention.

    ~Chappy
    www.insaneasylumblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly believe that kids today need combat pay also. I mean look at the gauntlet they have to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally understand the situation, but doesn't make it any easier to handle when it happens. Tunnelvision is putting it mildly lol. Hope the kids are okay though.

    ReplyDelete