Monday, March 7, 2011

Introspection

I've long compartmentalized my angst, stored it away in a tidy drawer never to acknowledged it, at least not in public. That way it's easy to deny the role it has played in my life. How I've molded my entire adult life, every perception, every thought, every word said to me according to it's deceit.

I had an epiphany while in therapy last week, that's a good thing I guess, but I've come to the realization that it's not so much that I'm afraid of facing my fears and solving my angst...but rather I'm afraid of who I will be without it.

I mean who am I really, without all the baggage I've inadvertently carried around for so many years....That my friend...... scares me more than anything.

2 comments:

  1. It's true. You never realize just how cramped your hands are till you let go of the baggage... and then, what the hell are your hands going to do once they're empty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you do with all the spare time?

    ReplyDelete