Monday, January 4, 2010

Ummm yeah that was a definately a teachable moment

So I'm back to work tomorrow so to celebrate (Not) I thought I'd give you a funny little story from the classroom to start your week off. So I co-teach a general education class with one of my buddies from my old building. He's a newbie still in the fact that he's not tenured yet, and well is the biggest worry wart I've ever met.

Anyway, one morning he asked me if I knew of any funny you tube videoes that were school appropriate to show in class just to give the kids a break from writing their notes. I replied none I could think of off the top of my head. A few minutes later he says what about ..............I reply oh yeah that's a good one go with that.

So he does the search real quick on youtube, projects it up on the board and hits play.....unfortuately he forgot to turn his speakers and somehow accidently exits youtube. Not a problem, he pulls it back up and clicks on the first video that comes up under his search. This time with his speakers up on what seemed Super Subwolfer level he hits play and well................you gotta click on the video to experience first hand what happened.....................




Yep that's right those three little words echoed down the hallway and filtered into the classroom accross the hall. Now I don't know what was more funny.....watching all the blood drain from his face as he turned white as a ghost, or the fact that he immediately went into the fetal position rocking back and forth chanting a "rainman" montra repeating over and over "Oh Bad Words, bad words, definately bad words. I take that back the whole Rainman imitation was funnier. Needless to say I was totally supportive of his faux pas and sat in the back of the room laughing my ass off.  But I did regain my composure long enough to give him a bit of advice.....next time you might  fucking want to screen that shit before you show it dumbass lol, which of course led him to tell me to Fuck off. Yeah we have a healthy working relationship lol.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Video and B.T.W...A Very Very Happy New Year 2010 To You :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! These types of stories is what keeps me going back to school every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA I love laughing at other people's misfortune!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ou.. I wish that happened in my school =__= they blocked Youtube! and every other interesting site ...

    ReplyDelete